Fighting Cancer Naturally Involves
Strength, dedication and research.
Exercise & How Physical Activity Be Linked To Reduced Risks Of Cancer
Sunlight & How Vitamin D Reduces the Risk of Cancer
The mechanisms by which vitamin D reduces the risk of cancer are fairly well understood. They include enhancing calcium absorption (in the case of colorectal cancer) [Lamprecht and Lipkin, 2003], inducing cell differentiation, increasing cancer cell apoptosis or death, reducing metastasis and proliferation, and reducing angiogenesis [van den Bemd and Chang, 2002]. In addition, calcifediol downregulates parathyroid hormone (PTH) [Chapuy et al., 1987]. Since IGF-I stimulates tumor growth and high quantities are a consequence of the standard American diet [Grant, 2002a; 2004], vitamin D can be considered one partial antidote to the American diet.
Plant based diet
While many raw foods, including raw vegetables and fruits have health benefits, and may support healthy cells and immune function, there is presently no evidence that a raw food diet reduces the risk for cancer. In fact, some of the phytochemicals in foods, like the carotenoids beta carotene and lycopene, are better absorbed by the body if eaten cooked with a little healthy fat. A mostly plant-based diet is currently recommended for reducing the risk of cancer naturally, but these foods do not need to be eaten in a raw state.
Deep breathing, healing with Oxygen
You don’t have to be diagnosed with cancer to incorporate oxygen therapies into your wellness plan. Since we all are bombarded with toxins, chemicals, and negative energy forces on a daily basis, making sure we are getting enough oxygen to repair our cells is important for longevity. Increasing oxygen in the body can be as simple as deep slow breathing three or four times a day.
Exercise is a great oxygenator. Many cancer patients report that their mental state also improves when they take the time to do rhythmic breathing and exercise regularly.
Of all the antioxidants, vitamin C is the most extraordinary. Vitamin C is believed to help prevent and treat cancer naturally by:
- Enhancing the immune system
- Stimulating the formation of collagen which is necessary for ‘walling off’ tumours
- Preventing metastasis (spreading) by inhibiting a particular enzyme and therefore keeping the ground substance around tumours intact
- Preventing viruses that can cause cancer
- Correcting a vitamin C deficiency which is often seen in cancer patients
- Speeding up wound healing in cancer patients after surgery
- Enhancing the effectiveness of some chemotherapy drugs
- Reducing the toxicity of some chemotherapy
- Preventing free radical damage and neutralising some carcinogens.
This vitamin contains special properties that slow down the spread of illness throughout the body by killing harmful cells, but the exact way that vitamin B17 does this isn’t well-understood.
A study published in the International Journal of Radiation and Biology found that vitamin B17 amygdalin stimulated the immune system by causing a statistically significant increase in the ability of a patient’s white blood cells to attack harmful cells. One theory of vitamin B17’s effects suggests that transformation of normal cells into dangerous cells that can cause disease is normally prevented by beneficial enzymes produced within the pancreas. So vitamin B17 may help increase the production of pancreatic enzymes that destroy harmful properties within the body.
Vitamin B17 is also thought to help the body experience enhanced detox effects by supporting liver function. This boosts immune function by ridding the body of toxins, malignant cells and other potentially harmful substances before they cause illness or serious chronic diseases. Another explanation of vitamin B17 mechanisms is that when vitamin B17 releases cyanide, it increases the acid content of tumors and leads to the destruction of harmful cells within the tumors, arresting their growth.
Your diet is one of, if not the most, powerful coadjutor you have to help reduce your cancer risk naturally. Countless natural compounds in a variety of whole foods and spices have anti-cancer properties, which is why eating a varied diet is so important.
Among the latest research is a study that found the consumption of magnesium-rich foods, in particular, may be a cancer-prevention strategy worth considering.
- A recent study showed that higher intakes of dietary magnesium were associated with a lower risk of colorectal tumors
- For every 100-mg increase in magnesium intake, the risk of colorectal tumor decreased by 13 percent, while the risk of colorectal cancer was lowered by 12 percent
- Over 600 natural substances, many of them found in food, have shown promise in treating and/or preventing cancer
- Eating a varied diet focused on fresh, whole foods is one of the best ways to “cover your bases” for cancer protection
Eliminate processed foods and toxins
- Thousands of food additives are added to US foods, but seven of the worst include high-fructose corn syrup, synthetic trans fats, artificial flavors, monosodium glutamate (MSG), artificial colors, artificial sweeteners and preservatives
- Many of the food additives that are perfectly legal to use in US foods are banned in other countries due to health concerns
- Common chemicals used to flavor, preserve, sweeten and color your food may be linked to cancer, behavioral problems, reproductive damage and more
- Swapping your processed food diet for one that focuses on fresh whole foods is a necessity if you value your health.
Garlic and Onions
You might not like the smell of onions and garlic on your breath, but you might want to reconsider your dining options. One of the major benefits of onions and garlic is that they (and their allium cousins: shallots, scallions, and leeks) provide serious cancer prevention and fighting power.Packed with allicin, sulfuric compounds, manganese, vitamin B6, vitamin C, copper, and selenium to name a few, garlic and other allium vegetables are incredibly nutrient-dense but naturally low in calories. They stimulate your body’s production of glutathione (the most potent antioxidant for your liver) which boosts detoxification throughout your entire system.